It’s that time of the year again. Christmas is over and new year is knocking on our doors, and yes time for resolutions. But no, I am done with resolutions instead I would focus on what the soon-to-be passed year has taught me. They say a man must learn from his mistakes and should not commit the same mistake twice, so here’s to the things I have learned this year.
1. Priorities- It doesn’t matter what I do as long as I have my priorities right. So all work and no play makes johnny a dull boy afterall. Maybe I must not feel guilty about indulging once in a while.
2. Be selfish in times of conflict- Helping others is all well and good and you must but not when helping others is in conflict with your own priorities. In such cases don’t help others. But do no evil.
3. Connections matter- It’s not an ideal world so no matter how much we complain connections matter in every sphere of life. Its good to be acquainted with as many persons as possible.
4. You can’t please everyone- someone is inevitably going to get hurt at times so no use feeling guilty
5. No use worrying over the past- The past is well, past you can only learn from your mistakes and move on.
6. No good can come by being judgemental- things are rarely as they seem they are, so are people.
7. Inspiration received, perspiration begin- Someone said, success is 99% perspiration 1% inspiration. All along I have been worrying about 1%, but now I have got that 1% its time to work on the 99%.
By the way Happy New Year.